BOOSTEC® SILICON CARBIDE -SiC- FOR SCIENTIFIC INSTRUMENTATION AND INDUSTRIAL EQUIPMENT
Boostec® is a Mersen Group unit specializing in the development of innovative products in sintered silicon carbide.
For some applications, the silicon carbide can receive a CVD (chemical vapor deposition) coating to give a completely non-porous high-purity SiC surface.
A BROAD SPECTRUM OF APPLICATIONS:
• optical and scientific instrumentation (space or ground optics, stable structures, large scientific
• chemical and pharma-chemical apparatus (continuous-flow reactors, heat exchangers, etc.)
• mechanical applications (mechanical linings, bearings, stops, etc.)
• mirrors for industrial laser systems
• equipment for the semiconductor industry
Boostec® is also involved in several cooperative projects, such as Sicsol, an innovative alternative energy project on concentrated solar power.
Tel : (33) 056 233 4500
Fax : (33) 056 233 4505